Liz Olivier is probably best known for her advertising and editorial work. She has done make-up on shoots for Miller Beer, Dirk Bikkembergs, and Glamour Magazine.
While Liz has worked on a slew of TV and film sets, her biggest role to date was as the Key Make-up Artist for the Julia Roberts vehicle, Eat, Pray, Love.
Sarah Howard decided to ask Liz her three favorite beauty-related questions, and she kindly obliged.
The Fashion Spot: How did you break into the beauty/make-up industry?
Liz Oliver: I moved to Cape Town, South Africa to kick off my career. Cape Town is a city that is heavily influenced by film, television, and print productions.
While receiving my formal education, I got straight into the game. The first break was a fashion show.
Shows after that included Roberto Cavalli, major advertising campaigns, and television and film work.
You get your break through hard work, having faith in yourself, and being passionate about what you do.
tFS: What are your five most coveted beauty products?
1. LO: Freeze 24*7 – Instant Targeted Wrinkle Treatment: It’s the most effective wrinkle cream I’ve ever used.
2. Bobbi Brown – Shimmer Brick: This is the perfect bronzer for face and body. It also comes in different shades for each skin tone–very important!
3. Mac – Brick blush: The is the best everyday color for ethnic skin tones. It’s the # 1 blush in my kit. I don’t leave home without it.
4. Georgio Armani – Armani Foundation: This product delivers a perfect foundation for any skin tone, and leaves your skin looking radiant.
5. Maybelline – Great Lash Mascara: Best everyday mascara out there, by far. Great price with stunning results – what more can you ask for?
tFS: What is your favorite look that you’ve created?
LO: Definitely, the Harpers Bazaar beauty shoot. We shot it in Asia with Photographer Luki Ali. They trusted our experience and let us be the creative people we are. It’s always exciting to be surrounded by other great artists and talent.